Thursday, September 15, 2011

GEMBA7-OBSession2 Vinodh Sankaran Learning Journal

A person to succeed in his job he should be first satisfied with what he is doing. He should give heart and soul to his work. In simple words he should be satisfied with his job then only it will be win-win case for individual and also for the organization. I will make sure my team members are always happy with their projects assigned and also highly satisfied with what they are doing. As a manager I always knew my team members interest and needs and I will assign jobs based on that.If an employee is not satisfied with the job he is involved that will spoil the team environment because the particular employee may not be loyal and honest to his team members.

To be frank even if I am not satisfied with my job it will create a negative mood and emotions permanently. I always prefer to do "Sport or Casual Chat" on every monday morning and make my people happy with little humor so that a positive mood will be created before they get in to their job. Sometimes I personally sacrifice my emotions and mood for my team. If my mood is not good because of personal or health issues I will sacrifice it and will prepare myself to be in good mood because it makes huge difference. I personally like people who thinks positive, open minded, open to innovative thinking because it not only improve their performance at work it will also increase the team members mood and confidence.

How to find the positive people? A personality test will try to help manager to identify the character and attitude of his team members. Few weeks before I got an opportunity to take personality tests IPIP-NEO and Myers-Briggs type inventory (MTBI) background. I am so impressed with the end product because both the results resembles the mirror image of my character and attitude. This helped me to understand more about myself. I would like to introduce these tests to my team members so that I can get a chance to know more about my team members that would help me to create a positive vibration among my team. These two test are also depends on people mood and emotion if they are in negative mood and emotions the result will vary so it is highly recommended to take these tests in good mood.

Based on the MTBI test result I am a ENFJ(Extraversion, Intuition, feeling and judging)personality person. In order to have diverse team I would prefer to have different personality person with positive mind in my team and these two tests will help me to achieve that goal. But judging people is also one of the challenging job for manager. A manager may have his own style of judging people but I prefer to judge people based on the situation with my honest heart and take decision after a thorough research. Decision making plays a major role for human in all aspect of life. For example if you wanna buy a used or new you have to do thorough research and make a decision. Managers will be having their own style of judging and decision making model to find and hire the positive people.

Even though you have positive people in your team it all depends up on "Motivational Factors" you follow in the team which will produce a fantastic result. So my next blog will be on "Motivation" catch you all soon. Be free to give a feedback.

Thanks
Vino

No comments:

Post a Comment